Why Join Us
The Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors provides members with up to date information regarding building and construction legislation and technical data relevant to ongoing work practices.
The Institute provides member’s access to technical discussions groups, and provides regular CPD talks by recognised construction suppliers and companies.
Provides access to a wide range of contacts throughout the construction industry and can provide additional support for individual members.
Members of The Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors in Ireland have many years of experience and knowledge and professionalism which is recognised throughout the construction industry throughout the Republic of Ireland.
€100 for the employed per annum
€50 for unemployed & retired per annum
€150 for first time applicants per annum
€150 for lapsed members per annum
How to join
Signed original copy of membership form together with all attaching documentation should be posted to the following address:-
Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors in Ireland,
PO Box 34,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require any assistance please contact the Institute at email@example.com or at the above postal address.
Terms & Conditions
1. Membership of “The Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors in Ireland” is open to the following:
a. All persons employed in a full time or part-time capacity as a Clerk of Works and Building Inspector.
b. Any person who satisfies the interview board that they are suitably qualified to act as a Clerk of Works and Building Inspector.
2. Any person wishing to become a member of The Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors in Ireland must complete and submit an Application Form for Membership.
3. The completed application form, references and other supporting documentation will be brought to the next “Council” meeting of The Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors in Ireland” to be processed.
4. Depending on age, references and work experience as a Clerk of Work, the “Council” may decide either of the following options:
a. The applicant may be accepted as a member of “The Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors in Ireland”
b. The applicant may be invited for interview.
5. All applicants requested to attend interview must do so at their own expense, and “The Institute of Clerk of Works and Building Inspectors in Ireland” will not be liable for any expenses incurred by the Applicant.
6. The decision of the “Council” and the Interview Board will be brought to the next “Council” Meeting for official ratification by the “Council”.
7. The decision of the “Council” and the Interview Board will be forwarded in writing to the applicant.
8. If successful the applicant must pay the current membership fee or proportion of it as directed by the “Council”.
9. Any unsuccessful applicant may appeal the decision of the “Council” for clarification at the next “Council” meeting.
10. A Certificate of Membership, Memorandum and Articles of Association and Presentation package will be presented to all successful applicants at the next Annual General Meeting of the Institute which usually takes place between 1st January and 31st March each year.
11. The contents of each application will only be discussed at a Council Meeting and held by the Secretary on behalf of the Institute.